What we do
The GasFields Commission is an independent body that supports balanced and respectful relationships between landholders, government, regional
communities and the gas industry by:
- engaging with all stakeholders
- compiling and distributing information about the gas industry
- providing the tools to enable informed decision making
- helping regional communities adapt to the introduction of gas development
- recommending best practice business-to-business relationships
- acting as the central contact for anything to do with natural gas in Queensland
- connecting stakeholders and providing contact details to assist in finding more help if needed.
To assist us to deliver these services we have a network of locally based officers who are able to identify emerging and legacy issues, recommend
options to remedy problems and assist with information in response to questions or concerns.
What we don’t do.
- We don’t become involved in one on one negotiations or disputes.
- We don’t investigate complaints.
- We don't manage water bore issues.
But we can point you in the direction of the people who do perform these functions.
Please visit our useful links page for more information on where to seek help.
The GasFields Commission is governed by the Gasfields Commission Act 2013.