The Queensland Government has developed a new standard for the beneficial use of residual mud that is produced when a gas well is drilled.
The new End of Waste (EOW) code allows for drilling muds to be reused in approved environmentally friendly ways and reduces the need to construct on-site disposal sumps for the material.
Former beneficial use approvals that expired in December 2018 will transition to the EOW code which commenced on 1 January 2019.
Clear as drilling mud? Find out more via these links:
- Agreement reached on public liability insurance for farmers
- GasFields Commission commences review of the RPI Act
- Queensland-based company given the green light to explore for gas in the Bowen and Surat Basins
- Queensland LNG exports end 2020 on a record high
- GasFields Commission Queensland’s ‘Gas Guide 2.0’ has been released
- Queensland’s pipeline to more gas and jobs gains ground