The Queensland Government has developed a new standard for the beneficial use of residual mud that is produced when a gas well is drilled.
The new End of Waste (EOW) code allows for drilling muds to be reused in approved environmentally friendly ways and reduces the need to construct on-site disposal sumps for the material.
Former beneficial use approvals that expired in December 2018 will transition to the EOW code which commenced on 1 January 2019.
Clear as drilling mud? Find out more via these links:
- New study to unlock potential of Bowen Basin gas commences
- Regional leaders step up to address mental health
- Inaugural Australia’s Energy Commodity Resources 2021 publication released
- GasFields Commission ‘2021 Community Leaders Council’ Keynote Speaker Presentations
- GasFields Commission and Minister for Resources tour Surat Basin
- Queensland Government working to secure more domestic gas