New Exploration Program Released
The 2017-18 annual exploration program sets out the program of competitive tenders for the coming year.
It helps resource companies plan their exploration programs and gives landholders, traditional owners and local governments notice of potential activity in their area.
The 2017-18 program includes almost 18,000 km2 of land for petroleum and gas exploration in the Surat, Bowen, Eromanga and Adavale Basins.
Many of the petroleum and gas blocks are greenfield sites, and the Queensland Government is encouraging new and local players, as well as junior explorers to enter the Queensland market.
For more information you can visit the Department of Business website or view the actual program and maps at the Department of Natural Resources and Mines.
- New study to unlock potential of Bowen Basin gas commences
- Regional leaders step up to address mental health
- Inaugural Australia’s Energy Commodity Resources 2021 publication released
- GasFields Commission ‘2021 Community Leaders Council’ Keynote Speaker Presentations
- GasFields Commission and Minister for Resources tour Surat Basin
- Queensland Government working to secure more domestic gas