New Exploration Program Released
The 2017-18 annual exploration program sets out the program of competitive tenders for the coming year.
It helps resource companies plan their exploration programs and gives landholders, traditional owners and local governments notice of potential activity in their area.
The 2017-18 program includes almost 18,000 km2 of land for petroleum and gas exploration in the Surat, Bowen, Eromanga and Adavale Basins.
Many of the petroleum and gas blocks are greenfield sites, and the Queensland Government is encouraging new and local players, as well as junior explorers to enter the Queensland market.
For more information you can visit the Department of Business website or view the actual program and maps at the Department of Natural Resources and Mines.
- GasFields Commission commences review of the RPI Act
- Queensland-based company given the green light to explore for gas in the Bowen and Surat Basins
- Queensland LNG exports end 2020 on a record high
- GasFields Commission Queensland’s ‘Gas Guide 2.0’ has been released
- Queensland’s pipeline to more gas and jobs gains ground
- DNRME Online Resource Community Information Session Webinar