Queensland’s Petroleum and Gas Exploration Program Resumes
The Queensland Government has today released Tender Package PLR2020-1. This tender package, offered as part of the 2020 Queensland Exploration Program, includes 12 new areas for petroleum and gas exploration across the Bowen and Surat Basins, covering a total area of 6,746 km². The tenders will remain open for bidding until 9 July 2020.
What does this mean for landholders?
If you’re a landholder in the Bowen or Surat Basins and wish to know more about what to expect, the GasFields Commission (the Commission) encourages you to download a copy of Gas Guide 2.0.
The Gas Guide catalogues pertinent information that landholders need to know about the various stages of petroleum and gas development in Queensland – beginning with the advertisement and awarding of new exploration tenders (see Chapter 3 – Exploration Phase).
The Gas Guide is designed to give landholders the information they need to negotiate a fair and reasonable outcome should a resource company request to operate on private land.
The Commission is an independent statutory body of the Queensland Government established in 2013 to manage and improve sustainable coexistence of landholders, regional communities and the onshore gas industry in Queensland.
If you have any questions regarding the exploration process, Queensland’s onshore gas industry or you would like to receive a hard copy (ring binder) of The Gas Guide, please contact us directly via:
- GasFields Commission commences review of the RPI Act
- Queensland-based company given the green light to explore for gas in the Bowen and Surat Basins
- Queensland LNG exports end 2020 on a record high
- GasFields Commission Queensland’s ‘Gas Guide 2.0’ has been released
- Queensland’s pipeline to more gas and jobs gains ground
- DNRME Online Resource Community Information Session Webinar