UPDATE: Landholder public liability insurance issue
A working group convened by the GasFields Commission which included landholder, gas industry and government groups met on 17 June 2020 to further progress resolution of the landholder public liability insurance issue.
At that meeting, the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA) and the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) confirmed they are working together to ensure there is continued availability of public liability insurance to cover landholders with gas activity (including gas infrastructure) on their properties. Their shared objective is to resolve this issue in a timely manner to provide comfort and greater certainty to landholders, insurers and the onshore gas industry.
The GasFields Commission along with key landholder groups, industry peak bodies and relevant government agencies will continue to work together and support APPEA and the ICA on this important and shared objective. The parties recognise the significance of this issue and further information and advice for landholders is expected to be provided shortly.
- New gas exploration tenders awarded to bring more gas to domestic market
- New Queensland Government guideline enables transfer of gas infrastructure to landholders
- Morrison Government’s “Gas-Fired Recovery” Plan
- WEBINAR: Navigating Land Access
- GasFields Commission establishes regional advisory group
- Backbone of Queensland gas industry turns 30