UPDATE: Landholder public liability insurance issue
A working group convened by the GasFields Commission which included landholder, gas industry and government groups met on 17 June 2020 to further progress resolution of the landholder public liability insurance issue.
At that meeting, the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA) and the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) confirmed they are working together to ensure there is continued availability of public liability insurance to cover landholders with gas activity (including gas infrastructure) on their properties. Their shared objective is to resolve this issue in a timely manner to provide comfort and greater certainty to landholders, insurers and the onshore gas industry.
The GasFields Commission along with key landholder groups, industry peak bodies and relevant government agencies will continue to work together and support APPEA and the ICA on this important and shared objective. The parties recognise the significance of this issue and further information and advice for landholders is expected to be provided shortly.
- New study to unlock potential of Bowen Basin gas commences
- Regional leaders step up to address mental health
- Inaugural Australia’s Energy Commodity Resources 2021 publication released
- GasFields Commission ‘2021 Community Leaders Council’ Keynote Speaker Presentations
- GasFields Commission and Minister for Resources tour Surat Basin
- Queensland Government working to secure more domestic gas