UPDATE: Landholder public liability insurance issue
A working group convened by the GasFields Commission which included landholder, gas industry and government groups met on 17 June 2020 to further progress resolution of the landholder public liability insurance issue.
At that meeting, the Australian Petroleum Production & Exploration Association (APPEA) and the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA) confirmed they are working together to ensure there is continued availability of public liability insurance to cover landholders with gas activity (including gas infrastructure) on their properties. Their shared objective is to resolve this issue in a timely manner to provide comfort and greater certainty to landholders, insurers and the onshore gas industry.
The GasFields Commission along with key landholder groups, industry peak bodies and relevant government agencies will continue to work together and support APPEA and the ICA on this important and shared objective. The parties recognise the significance of this issue and further information and advice for landholders is expected to be provided shortly.
- GasFields Commission commences review of the RPI Act
- Queensland-based company given the green light to explore for gas in the Bowen and Surat Basins
- Queensland LNG exports end 2020 on a record high
- GasFields Commission Queensland’s ‘Gas Guide 2.0’ has been released
- Queensland’s pipeline to more gas and jobs gains ground
- DNRME Online Resource Community Information Session Webinar