personal information about you and how we use and handle that information. By visiting and using our website, any application accessible
through our website, or our smartphone application (the GasApp), you consent to the practices described in this privacy
or can be reasonably ascertained from the information.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information that is directly related to, or reasonably necessary for, our functions and activities. The kinds of personal
information we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection and may include your:
- address and contact details (including email addresses and phone numbers);
- lot and plan details;
- postcodes and other forms of geolocation data; and
- any other information you choose to provide to us.
We also collect information from your web browser (known as "cookies") and information about your use of our website (known as "click stream
data") when you use our website. The cookie and click stream data we collect may include, for example:
- the date and time that you visit our website;
- the amount of time you spend on our website;
- the particular pages that you visit;
- the type of browser you use;
- the address of your server; and
- the address of the website that you have connected from.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to perform our functions or provide services to you, and you
may be unable to use the GasApp and certain parts of our website.
their consent before providing us with their personal information.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- when you complete a form which asks for your personal details on our website;
- when you participate in any application that may be accessible through our website which asks for your personal details;
- when you use our website generally (cookies and click stream data);
- when you use and provide your personal details in the GasApp; and
- from third parties.
How we disclose your personal information
We use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- to perform our functions and activities, including in connection with the gas industry;
- to deliver services you have requested;
- to provide you with information that you have inquired about or that we believe to be relevant to you;
- to track, and monitor the status of, communications passing through the website and the GasApp (including in relation to any complaints
- to forward to you periodic mailings containing information on new products/services;
- to send you push notifications, which may include alerts, badges, banners and sounds on your device (but only where you have opted in to
and build profiles of visitors to enable the tailoring of content (including advertising and promotions) on our website;
- for market research;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to manage our relationships with our suppliers and stakeholders; and
- to consider job applicants for current and future employment.
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law (including purposes for which you have provided
We may disclose your information to third parties to enable us to perform any of the above purposes. These may include, for example:
- entities we provide services to or perform functions for;
- entities providing services to us (including entities which host our data in Australia);
- industry bodies, government agencies, regulators and other private entities; and
- our professional advisors (such as auditors and lawyers).
How to access and correct your personal information
If you wish to view the personal information we hold about you, please send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to amend that information because it is out of date or incorrect, or if you wish
your personal information to be deleted from our database, please email us at the same address.
Third party websites
Our website and the GasApp may contain links to third party websites and applications that are not owned or controlled by us. We do not approve,
endorse, recommend or sponsor any linked sites, or any information contained or referred to within those sites. To the maximum extent permitted
by law, we are not liable for any loss suffered as a result of use of those third party sites.
Changes to the statement
periodically review this statement so that you remain informed of how we use and handle your personal information.
Enquiries and privacy complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints in relation to a breach of the Queensland Information Privacy Principles, or our handling of your personal
information, please contact us by email at email@example.com.